Saturday 5 September 2015

A Year On in L.I.F.E

So, today marks the 1st anniversary of my blog. The blog that you guys are reading. The blog full of album reviews, the blog that I've been promoting on Instagram many times. The blog that normally has a fortnight schedule, and finally the blog created by a 13 year old. That 13 year old was me. Last year, my mum came up with an idea for me to start doing music reviews. I quickly thought it was a good idea, and got with it straight away. During a week at my annual youth camp in Wales (August 2014), I got to writing which did cause me to not go outside and pay attention too much (and that's a regret I should never forget).

But I emailed two of the reviews, which would be Mobb Deep's The Infamous and The Pharcyde's Labcabincalifornia, and my mum liked it. Unfortunately though, I could only post one, and stay to a fortnight schedule. I managed to get used to it and I kept going. At the same time though, I had Saturday Maths tuition, which made things a little boring for me, as I felt uncomfortable, but I still got reviews out on time, and it made me happy. I started to promote it on Instagram, and obviously I didn't get much likes, meaning less attention, but you gotta start from somewhere though. Many of my friends checked it out, and they kinda liked it and such. Some were surprised that I wasn't one to copy & paste.

It was close to the new year, that I wanted to review newer stuff, and do trilogy reviews and such. My first review where I reviewed more than 1 project was Good Sense by Young Roddy, and my first where I reviewed 3 projects in 1 was the recent of Jhenè Aiko's discography (Sailing Soul(s), Sail Out & Souled Out). Not only that, I came out my fortnight schedule to do a New Year's review on a G-Unit mixtape (50 Cent is the Future), and did some other stuff. I do remember there was a time where I ended up deleting a certain review to review To Pimp A Butterfly by Kendrick Lamar on the same month it came out (I reviewed it a week after the release). It was a Chiddy Bang review, and I deleted it so that I could get out Joey Bada$$' one, and Kendrick's one after (I have plans on putting that out soon).

But this one year has been hot. I've gone through ideas to kick into the schedule and it made this blog really good. I love the fact that I've been reviewing old and new albums, and know when to try something new. And while I've reviewed 2 R&B artists though (Jhenè Aiko and Craig David), I still have yet to pick up a British rap album (I need to get to that soon).

I just wanna thank everybody for reading my blog during this one year. It's been an honour for that, and while no comments has gone on this website, I've gotten positive feedback from school friends and also on Instagram. I'm not gonna let this take over my academic studies, but I'm still gonna do a lot during this annual, including more newer artists, and more triple reviews, even more than 3 albums.. Look out for the next review on September 13. It's a 10th anniversary review of a personal favourite. I got a lot more albums to listen to for everyone... Thank you!

Signing Off,

Owen

No comments:

Post a Comment